Burmon Products & Applications
Cyclone Bracket for Masonry Block Connection into Concrete
FOR FAST, STRONG AND COST-EFFECTIVE CONNECTION TO MASONRY BLOCKWORK
Product code: BHBCMASON
The ICF Cyclone Bracket has been especially designed for Australian conditions and modern ICF concrete building techniques to deliver safer, more efficient and higher load rafter/truss anchor connections that deliver significant cost savings over the total house build. Scaled over multiple projects, the benefits of using Burmon Cyclone Brackets are compelling.
- Designed and engineered to resist 98% of all global high wind events
- Fully Engineered, Tested and Certified
- No hand nailing required
- Trusses screw fixed through nail plate
- Hurricane Anchor locks into place over masonry walls
- Half the cost of other connectors whilst delivering extremely high load capacities
- Easy and fast to install
- Significant cost savings to the total house build
1. Fasten L-Bolt to BHBCMASON and tighten
2. Position BHBCMASON at Trust/Rafter mark
3. After concrete pour & set, screw Truss/Rafter to BHBCMASON
Specifications and Data
- Grade G300
- Bracket Thickness
- Washer Thickness
- Overstrap Thickness
- Galvanized Steel Coating
- Burmon hex head
- 35mm x 12 gauge
Uplift Capacity (k/N)
|Screws supplied (30mm x 12 gauge hex head)||4 each side of truss||5 each side of truss||8 each side of truss|
|1 x M12 bolt hooked under rebar||24 k/N||24 k/N||24 k/N|
|Screws supplied (30mm x 12 gauge hex head)||7 each side of truss||9 each side of truss||11 each side of truss|
|2 x M12 bolt hooked under rebar||42 k/N||42 k/N||33 k/N|
- The limit state design wind uplift capacity of the Cyclone Bracket encased in 20MPa concrete or better is 24 k/N with 1 x M12 bolt hooked under rebar and fixed with designated number of screws into truss.
- The limit state design capacity is 42 k/N when using 2 x M12 bolts and fixed with designated number of screws into truss.
- Specified Burmon screws and bolts which are supplied must be used in conjunction with the Cyclone Bracket to achieve load ratings as per load tables.
- The Burmon Cyclone Bracket international patent application number 2013209390 is certified in accordance with relevant Australian Standards and Building Codes.
- The Burmon Cyclone Bracket has been tested at the University of South Queensland, Toowoomba by the Structural Testing Services Division.
- This Engineered Building product complies with AS/NZS 1170 Loading Code